Search Results

You are looking at 1 - 10 of 10 items for :

  • "risedronate" x
Clear All
Full access

Davide Mauri, Antonis Valachis, Nikolaos P. Polyzos, Lamprini Tsali, Dimitris Mavroudis, Vassilis Georgoulias and Giovanni Casazza

deaths, disease recurrences, and bone metastases according to the bisphosphonate used (zoledronic acid/clodronate/pamidronate/risedronate). Statistical Analysis The number of events (deaths, disease recurrences, and bone metastases) and the number

Full access

Julie R. Gralow, J. Sybil Biermann, Azeez Farooki, Monica N. Fornier, Robert F. Gagel, Rashmi N. Kumar, Charles L. Shapiro, Andrew Shields, Matthew R. Smith, Sandy Srinivas and Catherine H. Van Poznak

undergoing adjuvant chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer . J Clin Oncol 2008 ; 26 : 4739 – 4745 . 95 Delmas PD Balena R Confravreux E . Bisphosphonate risedronate prevents bone loss in women with artificial menopause due to chemotherapy

Full access

Richard L. Theriault

risedronate reduces metastatic human breast cancer burden in bone in nude mice . Cancer Res 1995 ; 55 : 3551 – 3557 . 38 Sasaki A Kitamura K Alcalde RE . Effect of a newly developed bisphosphonate, YH529, on osteolytic bone metastases in nude

Full access

Richard L. Theriault, J. Sybil Biermann, Elizabeth Brown, Adam Brufsky, Laurence Demers, Ravinder K. Grewal, Theresa Guise, Rebecca Jackson, Kevin McEnery, Donald Podoloff, Peter Ravdin, Charles L. Shapiro, Matthew Smith and Catherine H. Van Poznak

after the start of therapy. 30 Risedronate was also associated with a significant reduction in the incidence of hip fracture in a population of women older than 70 with osteoporosis. 31 However, in a subgroup of women over the age of 80, selected only

Full access

Philip J. Saylor and Matthew R. Smith

alendronate, 70 and risedronate, 71 have consistently been found to increase BMD and decrease markers of bone turnover among men during ADT. Notably, however, no bisphosphonate study has been large enough to evaluate impact on treatment

Full access

John Charlson, Elizabeth C. Smith, Alicia J. Smallwood, Purushottam W. Laud and Joan M. Neuner

receipt of at least one prescription for an oral bisphosphonate (risedronate, alendronate, or ibandronate) between 12 months before and 12 months after AI initiation. Because denosumab was not FDA-approved for any indication until June 2010, we did not

Full access

Julie R. Gralow, J. Sybil Biermann, Azeez Farooki, Monica N. Fornier, Robert F. Gagel, Rashmi Kumar, Georgia Litsas, Rana McKay, Donald A. Podoloff, Sandy Srinivas and Catherine H. Van Poznak

: Bisphosphonates are potent inhibitors of osteoclast-mediated bone resorption, and several oral (alendronate, risedronate, and ibandronate) and intravenous bisphosphonates (ibandronate and zoledronic acid) are approved for prevention and/or treatment of

Full access

Kathleen Harnden and Kimberly Blackwell

total of 65% of the patients received zoledronic acid and the other 35% received either ibandronate (24%), pamidronate (8%), risedronate (2%), or alendronate (1%). This meta-analysis provides additional strength to the benefits of zoledronic acid in

Full access

Allan Lipton, Robert Uzzo, Robert J. Amato, Georgiana K. Ellis, Behrooz Hakimian, G. David Roodman and Matthew R. Smith

Group . J Clin Oncol 2007 ; 25 : 820 – 828 190 Van Poznak C Hannon RA Clack G . The SABRE (Study of Anastrozole with the Bisphosphonate Risedronate) study: 12-month analysis . Presented at the 2007 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium

Full access

Rashmi Chugh

growth in vitro . Anticancer Drugs 2001 ; 12 : 459 – 465 . 35 Murayama T Kawasoe Y Yamashita Y . Efficacy of the third-generation bisphosphonate risedronate alone and in combination with anticancer drugs against osteosarcoma cell lines